Los Angeles World Affairs Council
The Los Angeles World Affairs Council offers interns first-hand experience at the largest international affairs forum in Southern California. As part of the LAWAC team, you will be instrumental in facilitating discussion on current events and foreign affairs with the most influential people in the world.
An internship with us could be the ideal start if you are interested in a career in international affairs and/or nonprofit management. This position will test your organization skills, attention to detail, versatility, and professionalism. You will gain working knowledge of nonprofits in an international context, and get a chance to demonstrate your creativity, ability to learn quickly, and communication skills.
LAWAC Interns at the Annual Consular Corps Reception at the Getty Museum
Interns have varying responsibilities, including:
- Hosting events (creating reservations, facilitating set-up, hosting high-level guests)
- Driving membership renewals and maintaining membership records
- Assisting development by researching and working on grants and new partnerships
- Reaching out to media and press contacts; updating social media content
- Recording events (photography, filming, and video editing)
- Creating promotional material and graphic design
- Commit 10-14 hours weekly in our office in Culver City
- Attend events, mostly on weekday evenings
- Be well-groomed and personable
LAWAC Intern meeting Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Dr. Ben Bernanke